The Journey to a Healthier Life Begins with Netflix?


Yes, really. If you are ready to change your life for the better the first thing you need to do is educate yourself. Don't you want to know what you are in for before you start a major life change? There are gobs of self-help books out there and to be honest, I'm just not the type that can cozy up to a good book and read for hours. I wish I was. We got Netflix as a replacement for cable so we could monitor what the kids were watching and it turned out to be majorly awesome for us parents as well.
So, before you jump on the first diet fad to help you lose 10 pounds in 10 minutes, watch these movies on Netflix.

The order is based on my opinion of the best viewing order. It doesn't really matter. They are all great!
REQUIRED VIEWING:

1. Food, Inc.
2. Supersize Me
3. America the Beautiful
4. Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
5. Hungry for Change
6. Forks over Knives
7. Forks over Knives: extended interviews
8. Food Matters
9.The Gerson Miracle
10. The Beautiful Truth
11. Tapped
12. Food Fight
13. Farmaggedon
14. Vegucated




I do have to comment that while "Vegucated" does have many great points, it makes me upset that she seems to be encouraging products like Oreos as  "Vegan food". Well, yes, they are vegan because they're not even "food" at all. That's my only real problem with the film.

Also- While I recommend "America the Beautiful", I do NOT reccomend the sequel, "America the Beautiful 2". It completely disregards a healthy diet and ends with the idea of "just be happpy", as if your health is not important and won't make you happy.
I hope you all can change your lives for the better after educating yourself and making a decision to do things right.

My favorite video (also available on Netflix) is "The Secret." It will change your outlook on life and it works with any person, of any religion, or lack there of.


There you have it. Now go upgrade your life!

UPDATE: Since this post, FMTV.com launched and has almost all of these videos plus more. So, for sure, check them out as well.

Fine Print: I am not at all affiliated with Netflix, FMTV.com or any of these films, nor have I been compensated for anything on this blog. These are simply my own opinions and recommendations. I am not a doctor.

Labels:

My Secret Vanilla Life: The Journey to a Healthier Life Begins with Netflix?

Friday, February 14, 2014

The Journey to a Healthier Life Begins with Netflix?


Yes, really. If you are ready to change your life for the better the first thing you need to do is educate yourself. Don't you want to know what you are in for before you start a major life change? There are gobs of self-help books out there and to be honest, I'm just not the type that can cozy up to a good book and read for hours. I wish I was. We got Netflix as a replacement for cable so we could monitor what the kids were watching and it turned out to be majorly awesome for us parents as well.
So, before you jump on the first diet fad to help you lose 10 pounds in 10 minutes, watch these movies on Netflix.

The order is based on my opinion of the best viewing order. It doesn't really matter. They are all great!
REQUIRED VIEWING:

1. Food, Inc.
2. Supersize Me
3. America the Beautiful
4. Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
5. Hungry for Change
6. Forks over Knives
7. Forks over Knives: extended interviews
8. Food Matters
9.The Gerson Miracle
10. The Beautiful Truth
11. Tapped
12. Food Fight
13. Farmaggedon
14. Vegucated




I do have to comment that while "Vegucated" does have many great points, it makes me upset that she seems to be encouraging products like Oreos as  "Vegan food". Well, yes, they are vegan because they're not even "food" at all. That's my only real problem with the film.

Also- While I recommend "America the Beautiful", I do NOT reccomend the sequel, "America the Beautiful 2". It completely disregards a healthy diet and ends with the idea of "just be happpy", as if your health is not important and won't make you happy.
I hope you all can change your lives for the better after educating yourself and making a decision to do things right.

My favorite video (also available on Netflix) is "The Secret." It will change your outlook on life and it works with any person, of any religion, or lack there of.


There you have it. Now go upgrade your life!

UPDATE: Since this post, FMTV.com launched and has almost all of these videos plus more. So, for sure, check them out as well.

Fine Print: I am not at all affiliated with Netflix, FMTV.com or any of these films, nor have I been compensated for anything on this blog. These are simply my own opinions and recommendations. I am not a doctor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home